Monday, December 31, 2007

And the Old Lady is.................

In a previous post I wrote "At other times, we'd see someone (a shadow) either climbing the stairs or sitting on the bed in the room at the top of the stairs or hear someone walking around upstairs when we would all be downstairs." This is what I would like to talk about today.


I think it is important to mention here that many people who work mines tend to develop respiratory problems. In the case of gold mine workers, this and other ailments are quite common. Perhaps not as commonly today as fifty years ago, but still, terminal illness unfortunately is a part of a miners life. Many may disagree with me, and that is fine. Many may agree with me, and that is fine. The point that I am making is that mine workers, and especially those from fifty years ago and longer quite often developed lung problems and other health issues associated with working in the mines. It never has been and never will be an acceptable fact.


Before I digress too much further, I'd best get back to my story.


The figure on the stairs (or shadow as it appeared) was never identified. And, I suppose, it really doesn't matter who she was. She was there. We heard her and smelled her, and I had seen her. As a shadow, but none the less had seen her. You will notice that when I speak of her, I always will refer to her as someone, a figure or shadow. I prefer these terms as opposed to apparition. To me, an apparition is a spirit or soul that one sees and can identify something about him or her. Such as what the clothing looks like, the colours/patterns/style or perhaps can describe what he/she looks like. Their hair colour, height, facial features, overall stature and so forth. To use figure or shadow indicates that very little in description can be used. Such is the case of my subject.


My description here of her is based on what I could see and sense. She was always a shadow. Always a black silhouette, yet I could still understand certain aspects. She was around 5 foot 6 inches in height, larger build but not plump, wore her hair up in a bun and was always wearing a dress, Victorian style. I sensed that she was an older woman, I'd say possibly in her late sixties maybe in her early seventies and I felt that she had been raised to be a proper Victorian lady.


I know she was married, but have never seen her husband. She nursed him at home until the end. I am not aware of any children, but since it was at one time, until the 1970's or so, a two bedroom house, I am assuming that they had at least one child.


From her disposition as a spirit, I'd say that she was a kindly woman. One that would help anyone who asked. Most likely a church going Christian and acted accordingly. And from the voices, it appears that they had many friends. At no time while we were there did we every feel threatened or in danger. In fact, most times we felt like she was there to protect us.


Her husband from what I gather, based on happenings in the house, in the end was a very ill man. And I was given the feeling that he may have had emphysema or other lung ailment.


You may recall in my previous post me mentioning "a horrendous smell... a cross between cancer and someone decomposing." This would be the husband during his last days alive. The smell would be stronger on certain days of the month and certainly around the anniversary of his death which I believe may have been in the Spring. Bear in mind now, I have no idea who these people were and that this information is what I sensed.


At times we would hear him coughing and there would be a voice that seemed to be calming, quiet yet indistinguishable. At other times, we would hear voiced coming from upstairs, as if people were up there visiting. Laughing and joking around. Again, these voices would be indistinguishable.


The voices would also be heard coming from the livingroom when we were in the kitchen. It sounded as if a party was going on complete with laughter and music. Yet, when we went to the livingroom, no one would be there and no radio would be playing.

Well, there you go. This is about all I know of the Old Lady in Deloro. I'd love to say more, but am afraid of repeating myself. She isn't the first experience with ghosts and I'm sure that she won't be the last. In fact, I know she won't be the last because since moving to where I am now in October 2007, I have had several other interesting experiences. Not with this particular Old Lady, but with other people.




No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work by AAAP is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.